Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 4: Hills, hills, hills

Today was maybe even worse than yesterday. Sure, it was "only" 45 miles and yesterday was 71, but to say that today was "a bit hilly" would be a wild understatement. It was hill after hill with no end in sight. Jeff is naturally a very positive person, but today he resorted to flat out LYING because there really was very little to be positive about: "this next hill looks really easy" or "this is the last hill for a while" (only if "a while" meant "for the next 30 seconds").

The final straw for me was when I was huffing and puffing up the eleventy-millionth hill right behind a woman. Halfway up she let one rip! That was actually pretty good motivation for me to "drop the hammer" as Andrea says. That means I went a little faster than 6 mph up that hill to avoid being in the direct Path of Flatulence.

I hope this doesn't give Jeff any ideas on how to motivate me to go faster.

In other news, I took a THREE hour nap this afternoon. I hope I can sleep tonight!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!